10.03.2009

Colbie Caillat and Howie Day... and...David Archuleta?

On Friday, October 2nd, Howie and I went to the Howie Day and Colbie Caillat concert. I was so excited to see her show because I've been a big fan of hers ever since her first album came out. Howie Day isn't bad either. After buying tickets to the show, I went on to Colbie's fan website for tour information and found out that you could sign up to win a "Meet & Greet" with Colbie. Only 9 lucky winners would have the opportunity to meet her that night. Well, as it turns out, I was one of those lucky, chosen 9! We won two tickets so, Howie and I were both able to go backstage and meet her. Here is Colbie on stage during her performance.Howie and I enjoying the show.Howie Day rockin' out! He was actually a really good performer. I'm going to have to look into getting his CD's because I really liked his music. He's got a great voice.After the show, people who bought one of Howie's CD's got to get an autograph and talk to him for a bit. We got close to the table to snap a picture of him.Here was our ticket backstage! They gave us these stickers to wear so everyone knew how V.I.P. we were.Here is the blessed picture! Me, Colbie, and Howie. They had us meet & greet in a dark, dreary room. Seriously, it was something out of a scary movie. They had a table set up with hot dog buns, beer, and some potato chips. That wasn't for us. Apparently that's what the band had before the show.I was so excited when I found out that we'd be meeting Colbie that I decided to make something for her. Since my recent hobby has been to make jewelry, I decided to make her a necklace and earring set. I found these cute pink beads and this dragonfly pendant and made this set for her...I put it in a little red mesh gift bag. She was so thankful for it! I told her "I have this little hobby of making jewelry so I made this set for you" and she goes "Oh thank you so much!" and hugged me. I think she appreciated it. I had to get an autograph so I took my copy of her new CD in with me and had her sign it.This has to win for the most random moment of the night. So, we're standing in line to meet Colbie and I hear a girl behind me say "OMG, that's David Archuleta!" and all I could think was "That girl is crazy. Why would David Archuleta be here? She must be mistaken". Then, I look where she's looking and I see, none other than, David Archuleta at my Colbie Caillat meet & greet! Haha! I told Howie "Oh, we are SO getting our picture with him!" Unfortunately, the guy in the striped shirt was ushering David out as we were walking up to him. The guy said to David "Uh, you're wanted outside." I think he was afraid that David being there was taking the attention away from Colbie because all these little kids ran up to try to get pictures with him. So, this is the only picture I got of him. Bummer. Maybe next time, David! I wanted to tell him that he and I went to the same High School. We had so much fun at the concert. I'm really glad we both enjoyed it!

9 comments:

Larissa said...

Thanks for posting this rare picture of David Archuleta from the concert. I hope you'll have an opportunity to meet him properly one day. He leaves a positive mark on anyone who meets him!!

archangel48 said...

When you do meet David, beware of the Archu-gaze! :-) (it can render one speechless and weak-in-the-knees!)

Gail said...

aw cute pictures. did david get to meet colbie? his poor little cheeks are still kinda puffy.

taraandhowie said...

I don't know why David was there. It was all very random. Maybe he and Colbie are friends?

Lynn said...

David tries to get to alot of concerts wherever and whenever. And he had just had his wisdom teeth pulled and commented on twitter @davidarchie that he had went to the concert even though he was still puffy cheeked! And last winter for Jingle Jams across the country, he and Colbie performed at some together.

Manoj Sharma said...

Hi lucky winner, Congrats to meet David Archuleta....
Thanks
Event Management Services

Tyler and Julia said...

I'll be the first to admit that I do NOT like American Idol at all, but I will say that I was pretty disappointed when I found out that David Archuleta didn't win. He has some real talent & I think he deserved it & not the person who did win (I can't even remember who won anyway). Glad you had fun, and I'm especially glad that you didn't sample any of that beer. Ewwwww! :)

Indigowaves2 said...

That is a very beautiful necklace. I am impressed that you made that. And thank you for taking a picture of David and posting it. I really wanted a glimpse of his puffy cheeks ;-)

taraandhowie said...

Indigowaves2: You're most welcome! Thanks for the compliment on the necklace! I was hoping someone would comment on it!